- This event has passed.
Industry Hill Block Party
June 8 @ 12:00 pm - 5:00 pmFree
A Celebration of Creative Entrepreneurship.
“This project received support from NC IDEA.”
MIXXER is proud to be a part of the Industry Hill neighborhood; a place chock full of creative entrepreneurs. This new business district north of downtown is home to small businesses, breweries, entrepreneurship organizations, community services organizations, and more! Industry Hill is open to all and committed to supporting economic development in Winston-Salem by turning a sleepy, overlooked part of town into accessible, high impact businesses.
An update regarding the weather today:
Unfortunately, due to the weather today, we are cancelling most of the outdoor parts of the Block Party, including shutting down 9th St for non-profits, entrepreneurial organizations, and the main stage. We do, however, still have a ton of fun stuff going on, so please come out to visit!
- Krankies Craft Fair has relocated to The RamKat.
- “The Future of Industry Hill” Panel Discussion will be hosted inside Mixxer Makerspace at 1pm. This discussion will be great! If you are interested in the work being done by Bethesda Center, Access Center, Habitat for Humanity, and others, or want to learn more about community engagement, please come meet these panelists!
- Wherehouse Art Hotel’s Art Mart is inside the main space at The RamKat, along with live performances throughout the day.
- WS Ambassadors is going strong OUTSIDE at the Winston Cup Museum from 2-5pm.
- “Entrepreneurship in Winston-Salem” panel discussion will be held at Mixxer at 3pm. Come learn from entrepreneurs what they have done to get where they are today.
- Winston Junction Market will be going from 11am-2pm, with a popup market to follow. The Enterprise Center’s Shared Use Kitchen Vendors will be vending in that space.
- The RamKat will host Sound Minds, a benefit concert for Mental Health Association of Forsyth County, starting at 6pm.
Finally, if you’ve never been to Mixxer before but you’re a maker, tinkerere, hobbyist, or just want to learn a new skill, come by and we’ll show you around!”
A sampling of the day’s activities to whet your whistle:
- Krankie’s Craft Fair, hosted by Mixxer Makerspace
- 9th Street Shut Down, featuring 20 food trucks, 5 breweries, music, yoga, Betabox, Winston-Salem’s Entrepreneurial Ecosystem Partners, and community services non-profits!
- Winston Junction Market featuring even more vendors.
- Wiseman Brewing hosting games, music, and merriment.
- The RamKat hosting a benefit concert for mental health services in Forsyth County, and an Art Mart curated by Wherehouse Art Hotel.
- Family Fun Zone
- Winston-Salem Ambassadors at the Winston Cup Museum
- More activities in the works daily
If you’d like to volunteer at the event, please follow this link to sign up.