3/10/2021 until 3/25/2021
Mixxer Community Makerspace is seeking a Programs Specialist.
Filling this role will make it possible for Mixxer to once again offer workshops and more exciting events to the public.
Send inquiries and/or resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Primary Job Function: To expand MIXXER’s ability to hold workshops, engage members, offer STEAM Education programs, and engage the community with events. Primary focus will be on: program management, internal operations, and data tracking and reporting.
- Some College coursework
- Organizational skills
- Event planning experience
- Bookkeeping skills
- Collaboration skills
- Project management experience
- Maker space knowledge a plus
- Program Management: Organize and manage events, classes and workshops at MIXXER, including communicating with potential instructors, managing expectations between instructor and MIXXER, managing data and logistics required to list, advertise, and hold events, classes and workshops, bookkeeping of funds in and out for events, classes and workshops.
- Foster a collaborative, open, and innovative culture at Mixxer: Support the Mixxer team to facilitate other organizational programming and projects through the makerspace as needed. Manage and respond to inquiries by community members.
- Internal Operations: Administration of workshops, including scouting and onboarding teachers, sharing marketing materials, and listing programs in existing databases for public view. Organization of data compiled through internal applications used for maintaining member/contacts database, accounting, email contact lists, and programming organization and metrics tracking.
- Data Tracking and Reporting: Maintain a database used for measuring impact and effectiveness of programming. Under the guidance of the Executive Director, assist in the development of a yearly public report to include programs statistics, funding sources and financial health, community impact, and a vision for the future.
- Other Duties as Assigned: MIXXER, by design, is a collaborative environment. On occasion employees may be asked to perform duties to maintain efficient operation, or meet a specific need. These duties will be short-term additions to the primary function of the position.
Expectations for Performance:
Excellent organizational skills. Demonstrate an ability for maintaining a professional comportment while interacting with members, staff, students, and visitors. Demonstrate expertise using a wide array of computer software including Word, Excel, accounting software, G-Suite applications, mass-email applications, project management software, and the ability to transfer data across platforms and adapt to changing technology. Observe and report metrics, gathering data, and reporting and recommending changes to improve engagement and participation in a program. Excellent communication and creative writing skills. Keen attention to detail.
Employee Orientation and Evaluation Period:
There is a 90-calendar day orientation and evaluation period starting on the first day of regular employment.
Employee Standard Work Schedule:
To be determined. There is some flexibility for work schedule in this position.
This is a part time position with the possibility for the Program Specialist to graduate to full time Program Manager then on to a salaried Program Director position.